Gina Coladangelo is the lover of Matt Hancock, a British politician who served as Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General from 2015 to 2016. They recently went to private dinners with the US Secretary of State at a G7 summit before later removing the suggestion he invited her, leaked WhatsApp messages have revealed, in March 2023.
Who Is Gina Colangelo?
Gina Colangelo, who is an old university friend of Mr Hancock, was appointed to the position in the department in September 2020. She resigned shortly after details of the affair were published.
Critics argued that her appointment seemed to be a result of personal connections rather than merit, which further eroded public trust in the government’s decision-making process. As the scandal unfolded, calls for an independent investigation into the hiring practices within the department grew louder with many demanding transparency and accountability.
Is Gina Colangelo And Matt Hancock Married?
No, Gina Colangelo and Matt Hancock are not married. They began dating in Oct 2021. In 2006, Hancock married Martha Hoyer Millar, an osteopath.
Following an affair with his political aide Gina Coladangelo, sources reported that he had left his wife for Coladangelo, in June 2021.
Hancock confirmed he was still with Coladangelo during a conversation with Babatunde Aléshé on the 22nd series of British reality television show I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!. Couple lives in his constituency, and also has a flat in London.
Lesser Known Facts About Gina Colangelo
- Gina Colangelo and the MP have known one another for years before things became romantic.
- They had a long-standing friendship before their relationship turned romantic.
Matt Hancock said,
“I’ve known Gina for more than half of my life and we first actually worked together on student radio back in the Oxford days. So, we spent a lot of time together, ironically, trying to get me to be able to communicate in a more emotionally intelligent way.”
- She was a marketing and communications director at Oliver Bonas.
- Gina was soon the subject of public scrutiny after it was learned that she and Mr. Hancock were passionately kissing in Whitehall during the period when inter-house marriage was prohibited.
- Gina reportedly left her husband Oliver after their affair was made public.